Lainey Wilson Reveals She Lied to Fiancé Duck Hodges on their First Date — and He 'Fell for It' Rachel DeSantisOctober 2, 2025 at 11:00 PM 0 Taylor Hill/WireImage Lainey Wilson and Duck Devlin attend the 2025 Academy of Country Music Awards at Omni Frisco Hotel at The Star on May 08, 2025 in Frisco,...
- - Lainey Wilson Reveals She Lied to Fiancé Duck Hodges on their First Date — and He 'Fell for It'
Rachel DeSantisOctober 2, 2025 at 11:00 PM
0
Taylor Hill/WireImage
Lainey Wilson and Duck Devlin attend the 2025 Academy of Country Music Awards at Omni Frisco Hotel at The Star on May 08, 2025 in Frisco, Texas. -
Lainey Wilson revealed the lie she told fiancé Duck Hodges on their first date
Wilson appears on the November cover of Southern Living
"He fell for it," she said
A little white lie may have helped Lainey Wilson land her man.
The country star, 33, revealed in the new issue of Southern Living that she fibbed while on her first date with now-fiancé Devlin "Duck" Hodges — but it all worked out for the best.
Wilson explained that although Hodges was a world-champion duck-caller, he actually got his nickname a different way. The moniker came courtesy of his college football coach, who said the former NFL player-turned-real estate agent, 29, reminded him of a talented quarterback named Duck.
"He had a really good season that year. And so the whole team started saying, 'It's Duck season; it's Duck season!' So that's how he got Duck," she said.
David McClister for Southern Living
Lainey Wilson for Southern Living
The "Somewhere Over Laredo" singer then admitted that on their first date, she fabricated a similar nickname of her own to win him over.
"On our first date, I told him that people call me Goose. I was lying, but he fell for it," she recalled. "I think he was like, 'Oh, I'm in love.'"
Elsewhere in the story, Wilson lamented her lack of skill in the kitchen — but revealed that Hodges doesn't mind.
"My fiancé definitely likes me for a lot of other reasons, because if he was dependent on my cooking, he'd be gone by now," she said. "He can cook. He's an Alabama boy, so he knows how to whip it up."
David McClister for Southern Living
Lainey Wilson for Southern Living
Wilson announced her engagement to Hodges in February. The pair started dating in 2021, and went public with their relationship in 2023.
She opened up to PEOPLE about wedding planning in August, saying she wasn't in any rush to say "I do."
"I need to go dress shopping or I need to talk to somebody about making a dress," she said. "I need to go get fitted. How about that? That's the first step. I'm excited to just step outside of the box and see what happens. So hopefully when he sees me, he'll be boohooing."
In July, she told PEOPLE that Hodges is her "best friend" and "biggest cheerleader." She also explained how they keep their bond strong despite busy schedules.
"You have to definitely carve out the time. It has to be something that you're very aware of, and you're like, 'Okay, I've got a day off here in 10 days. I've got to dedicate that day to spend time with my person,'" she said. "And we both need that and deserve that, and it's always great. We just try to soak up those moments as best as we possibly can."
Wilson is set to serve as host of the 2025 CMA Awards in November, a gig she shared last year with Luke Bryan and Peyton Manning.
David McClister for Southern Living
Southern Living
On the Southern Living Biscuits & Jam podcast, which comes out on Oct. 7, Wilson said it was "important for me to tip my hat" to all of the country music that's shaped her life.
"I'm proud of country music right now... Country music is having a moment," she said. "And I'm proud to be a part of that moment. And I'm proud to celebrate my buddies who are doing the dang thing."
The Southern Living November Issue featuring Lainey Wilson hits newsstands on Friday, October 17 and the cover story is available online here.
on People
Source: "AOL Entertainment"
Source: ERIUS MAG
Full Article on Source: ERIUS MAG
#LALifestyle #USCelebrities