Chelsea loan star wins Ligue 1’s Young Player of the Month award | R7N2E2D | 2024-04-12 16:08:01

New Photo - Chelsea loan star wins Ligue 1's Young Player of the Month award | R7N2E2D | 2024-04-12 16:08:01
Chelsea loan star wins Ligue 1's Young Player of the Month award | R7N2E2D | 2024-04-12 16:08:01

Andrey Santos has impressed since becoming a member of Strasbourg on loan (Icon Sport by way of Getty)

Chelsea's on-loan midfielder Andrey Santos has been named Ligue 1's Younger Player of the Month following his impressive performances for Strasbourg.

The 19-year-old joined the French club in the January switch window after a failed mortgage spell at Nottingham Forest within the first half of the season the place he made simply two first-team appearances.

Santos has already performed 5 games for Strasbourg, who are managed by Patrick Vieira, and delivered two excellent displays in wins over Nantes and Rennes final month to safe the Ligue 1 Younger Participant of the Month for March.

Strasbourg at present sit 13th in Ligue 1 and seven factors above the relegation play-off place.

Speaking on Thursday, Santos credited Vieira for enjoying a key position in his improvement since his transfer to France.

'I am very completely happy to be here. I have the prospect to assist the staff during the last three matches and to be in continuity on a person and collective degree with good results,' Santos stated.

'Once I discovered that I was going to be loaned to Strasbourg, I used to be with the Brazilian national group. I began watching Racing's matches and all I needed was to have enjoying time once more, to be able to play commonly.

'The coach is some extent of reference for me, he is among the greatest midfielders in historical past. He asks me to play simply and to deliver the ball ahead neatly.

'Ligue 1 is a really troublesome, bodily league. This expertise can solely be useful for the rest of my profession. I was very nicely acquired right here, I feel at house and It allowed me to get my bearings shortly.

'I started my career as a defender. I've all the time listened to the coach and completed what he expects of me. Little by little, I moved up a notch to develop into a midfielder. I owe rather a lot to Vasco.

'There's a excellent mentality in the squad. We must proceed like this and win our next matches as a result of things will not be yet settled when it comes to survival.'

For more tales like this, check our sport page.

Comply with Metro Sport for the newest information on FacebookTwitter and Instagram.

#chelsea #loan #star #wins #ligue #1s #young #player #month #award #US #UK #NZ #PH #NY #LNDN #Manila #Sport

More >> https://ift.tt/GRi6nlZ Source: MAG NEWS

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.