‘It’s part of my personality’ fumes hairdresser as she’s told to dye her hair to get job | 0B74TT0 | 2024-04-01 07:08:01

New Photo - 'It's part of my personality' fumes hairdresser as she's told to dye her hair to get job | 0B74TT0 | 2024-04-01 07:08:01
'It's part of my personality' fumes hairdresser as she's told to dye her hair to get job | 0B74TT0 | 2024-04-01 07:08:01

Sarah Innes, from Edinburgh, considers her brilliant pink locks as "part of her character".


A HAIRDRESSER has been left fuming after being advised to dye her hair to get a job.

Sarah Innes, from Edinburgh, considers her brilliant pink locks as "part of her character".

'It's part of my personality' fumes hairdresser as she's told to dye her hair to get job
'It's part of my personality' fumes hairdresser as she's told to dye her hair to get job
Sarah Innes/Media Scotland
Sarah Innes was informed at a job interview she'd need to vary her hair[/caption]

So she was surprised when a salon boss informed her she must change it at a current job interview.

Sarah, 33, has worked in the hair business for 15 years and admitted the request has left her "upset and deflated".

She's spoken out concerning the incident within the hopes of encouraging employers to be more accepting, however has chosen not to identify the salon to avoid a "pile on".

Recalling the interview incident, she informed Edinburgh Live: "She [the interviewer] was telling me the variety of hours they might supply after which she pointed to my hair and stated 'You'd need to vary that'.

"I was shocked. Hair salons are meant to be a artistic area.

"I defined that I all the time get compliments on my hair from my shoppers and I even get stopped in the street by individuals telling me they like my hair.

"It just felt prefer it was discrimination. It's a part of my character and to cover that's to cover part of myself.

"I didn't argue in the course of the interview because I've been introduced as much as be well mannered and well-mannered, however I was truly fairly disgusted."

She added: "It's like telling a tattoo artist not to have tattoos, it was very odd to hear.

"It's 2024, I assumed more locations can be extra accepting. The colour of my hair doesn't cease me from lifting my elbows and slicing and styling hair, from doing the job that I really like."

                    <!-- End of Brightcove Player -->  

And if Sarah's expertise isn't warning enough to be choosy about choosing an honest hair salon, pay attention up.

A hairdresser has revealed the five red flags you need to watch out for when selecting the best individual to look after your locks.

Danielle Palompo, from Edinburgh, often shares her styling ideas and favorite haircare merchandise on TikTok (@daniellepalompo).

In a current video, the 32-year-old mum revealed the warning indicators that mean a hairdresser might not have your hair's greatest interests at coronary heart.

And one pink flag means they've failed before your haircut's even began.

#part #personality #fumes #hairdresser #shes #told #dye #hair #job #US #UK #NZ #PH #NY #LNDN #Manila #ShowBiz

More >> https://ift.tt/6NVmxbP Source: MAG NEWS

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.